Civil Process


The Civil Department processes papers from the Clerk of Court, private attorneys, citizens and businesses that deal with civil judgments or actions.  These type of documents need to be served upon a person(s) by an officer. They include but are not limited to original notices and petitions, wage garnishment, sheriff sales, protective and restraining orders, involuntary commitment of persons with mental illness and / or substance abuse and other legal processes issued by lawful authority.  Please contact the Sheriff’s office prior to faxing or emailing documents for service. You may contact the Sheriff’s office at 712-335-3308 or email for amount needed for service and any additional civil process questions.

Barb Hinners